|Search our Careers||Career Center||FAQs||Login|
Application Systems Administrator II
Location : Frisco TX US 75034
Division : Information Technology
Job Code : 469, 983
% of Travel Required : 0-10%
Job Type : Full Time with Benefits
Career Level : Experienced (Non-Manager)
Education : Bachelor's Degree
Skill : Information Technology -> Software Installation/Configuration, Hardware Troubleshooting, User Support Skills, Applications Administrator - CM
Category : Information Technology
Compensation : From 2267.62 To 2777.84 USD Bi-Weekly
Job Description :
Summary: Under general supervision of the Information Services Manager, the Application Systems Administrator II will act as the primary system administrator for assigned systems as well as the escalation point for more in-depth and complex issues.
The intent of this position description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbent(s) in this position. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties in this description and incumbent(s) may be required to perform position-related tasks other than those specifically listed in this description.
Essential Job Functions:
· Serves as Administrator of assigned applications by maintaining the installation, configuration, troubleshooting and documentation.
· Evaluates, tests and applies updates and patches to assigned applications on a schedule basis.
· Troubleshoots, resolves and documents issues and changes related to assigned applications.
· Communicates effectively with all stakeholders and users to address application issues, upgrades and changes.
· Researches, proposes and implements systems enhancements that will improve the reliability, features and performance of the assigned applications.
· Learns new applications, technologies, and processes as they relate to the customer needs.
· Become knowledgeable of the capabilities of all major systems, having a clear understanding of their capabilities and how they interact to identify additional integration opportunities.
· Collaborates with users to identify needs and gather requirements for reporting, enhancements, changes, etc. as they pertain to assigned applications.
· Provides consistent and reliable support to the users through training and documentation for optimal use of the application.
Other Important Duties:
· Acts as the alternate system administrator for legacy and other systems.
· Acts as an escalation point and mentor to other staff as needed.
· Acts as the primary contact for the vendor of assigned systems.
· Travels to off-site meetings, conferences and training.
· Serves on various technology and organizational teams as needed.
· Maintains a broad knowledge of the current and emerging technologies.
· Regular and consistent attendance for the assigned work hours is essential.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
Job Requirements :
Required Knowledge and Skills and Abilities:
· Proficient with independently troubleshooting, researching and resolving technically challenging problems involving integrated systems.
· Proficient with understanding, creating and troubleshooting complex queries.
· Proficient with creating automated tasks using built-in Windows scripting functionality.
· Proficient with creating complex and efficient reports; preferable using SSRS
· Ability to understand and apply basic network troubleshooting.
· Ability to comfortably diagnose and resolve server related issues including those related to IIS, RDS, Terminal Services, Window Services, and other related processes.
· Ability to customize and configure applications in response to user’s needs.
· Ability to install and debug new and/or upgraded software on server and client platforms.
· Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing about technical subjects to non-technical users in a manner in which they can easily understand.
· Ability to effectively communicate with third-party vendors regarding schedules, requirements, issues and changes for assigned applications.
· Ability to understand, gather and document system requirements from the business users.
· Ability to quickly learn, understand and document business processes.
· Ability to realize, document and implement changes to increase reliability and efficiency.
· Ability to prioritize and self-manage assignments, tasks and projects with minimal guidance.
· Ability and willingness to be a team member with ability to be a team leader.
Preferred Education, Experience, and Certifications:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Computer Information Systems, Database Administration, or related field; and six (6) years of work experience as a business analyst or system administrator, preferably in a Microsoft environment or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Experience in a municipal environment is preferred.
· Experience administering SharePoint is preferred.
· Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, criminal background and MVR check.
· Must possess valid State of Texas Drivers License.
· Must possess a valid State of Texas Driver’s License.
Environmental Factors and Conditions/Physical Requirements:
· Work is performed in an office environment.
· May be subject to repetitive motion such as typing, data entry and vision to monitor.
· May be subject to occasional bending, reaching, kneeling and lifting when installing or inspecting integrated hardware and software with other City departments.
Equipment and Tools Utilized:
· Equipment utilized includes personal computer, copier, fax machine, and other standard office equipment and department vehicles.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
(NOTE: You need to have an account created in order to refer someone. Clicking this button will ask you to log in. If you are a returning user, log in to refer the person. If you are a new user, please create a Resume Profile first.)