MIS Supervisor/Desktop Admin
Frisco TX US 75034
Job Code :
% of Travel Required :
Job Type :
Full Time with Benefits
Career Level :
Manager (Manager/Supervisor of Staff)
Information Technology -> Telephone / Voicemail System, Software Installation/Configuration, Project Management, Networking, Helpdesk, User Support Skills, Plotting / Printing Support, IT Project Manager, Hardware Troubleshooting
From 2009.14 To 2461.20 USD Bi-Weekly
Job Description :
Under general supervision of the MIS/Computer Technology Manager, the MIS Supervisor/Helpdesk Administrator is responsible for overseeing the daily activities and directing the work of the Technical Support Specialists and other assigned staff. Ensures proper prioritization of assignment, work effort and closure of tickets that are assigned through the help desk ticketing system. Oversees City hardware, related services and equipment.
The intent of this position description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbent(s) in this position. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties in this description and incumbent(s) may be required to perform position-related tasks other than those specifically listed in this description.
Essential Job Functions:
- Supervises daily activities of all Technical Support Specialists and provides leadership to the MIS team. Supports and guides the direction of technical support specialists through the interaction with users; keeping current with industry trends and by establishing and maintaining relationships with other technical support and helpdesk users.
- Identifies areas of needed improvements in the support/service processes and works with MIS Manager in developing improvements.
- Monitors the Help Desk ticketing system to ensure tickets are being resolved and completed in a timely manner.
- Supervises, directs, and evaluates assigned staff; processes employee concerns and problems; directs work; counsels; disciplines; and completes employee performance evaluations.
- Oversees processes that provide support and maintenance within the City’s desktop and hardware environments. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining and upgrading all hardware and equipment (including but not limited to desktops, laptops, printers, scanners, etc.) Provides exceptional customer service and sets customer expectations properly.
- Oversees services and systems and recommends improvements.
- Participates in vendor meetings and the management of vendor relations.
- Develops and executes documented, repeatable processes to troubleshoot hardware.
- Manages systems in a mixed environment of Windows and Macs.
Responsibilities also include:
- Oversee the onboarding process for new City employees.
- Supervises computer and network troubleshooting all layers of the OSI model.
- Coordinates training for departmental staff and assists in Citywide employee training when necessary.
- Maintains system inventory and replacements.
- Oversees system imaging and image maintenance and creation with Configuration Manger.
- Provides VOIP support and troubleshooting.
- Provides support and troubleshooting for Lync/Skype for Business.
- Coordinates email account and Active Directory creation and support.
- Updates and Patches of all hardware.
- Printer Support.
- Mobile Device support. IOS, Android and Windows.
Other Important Duties:
- Travels off site to present training or to attend meetings, conferences and training.
- May be required to work some evenings and weekends.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Regular and consistent attendance for the assigned work hours is essential.
Job Requirements :
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of hardware, software and peripheral equipment maintenance, repair, setup, modification and troubleshooting methods, practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of customer service and training methods and practices.
- Knowledge of City policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of Cisco VOIP System.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Mobile Device Management software.
- Knowledge of IOS and Android operating systems.
- Knowledge of PC administration concepts and practices. Must be familiar with LAN/WAN/VOIP administration concepts and practices. MS Windows OS, MS Office environment, Active Directory.
- Knowledge MACs.
- Knowledge of DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP
- Proficiency in the setup and installation of current Windows Desktop OS.
- Proficiency set up and maintenance of printers and related equipment..
- Proficiency in the setup and installation of Microsoft Office applications both desktop and mobile device versions.
- Proficiency Microsoft Active Directory.
- Proficiency in setting up users accounts in Microsoft Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange.
- Skill in implementing departmental procedures and objectives.
- Skill in effectively transporting, setting up, installing, modifying, upgrading and operating multiple networking systems and software programs.
- Skill in resolving customer complaints and concerns.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
Preferred Education, Experience, and Certifications:
- Associate’s Degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field, and 5 years of LAN, WAN, Desktop, PC Mobile Device and 2-3 years of Supervisory experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Preference given to individuals with one or more of the following certifications:
- MCITP preferred
- A+ preferred
- Network+ preferred
- May be required to obtain applicable Microsoft Certifications.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, criminal background check, MVR check and post-offer physical agility exam.
- Must possess valid State of Texas Driver’s License.
Environmental Factors and Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Work is performed in office and on-site environments.
- May be subject to repetitive motion such as typing, data entry and vision to monitor.
- May be subject to standing or sitting for extended periods, bending, reaching, kneeling, crawling, lifting and carrying such as setting up, installing, modifying, repairing and troubleshooting automated management information systems, personal computer equipment and related peripherals, and setting up training rooms.
- May be subject to exposure to extreme weather conditions when loading, unloading, transporting or installing automated Management Information Systems and personal computer stations.
- May be subject to electrical currents and electrical shock.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- This work typically requires the following physical activities to be performed. A complete description of the activities below is available upon request from Human Resources.
|(X = Required to perform essential job functions)
|Balancing – maintain equilibrium to prevent falling while walking, standing, or crouching.
||Pushing – use upper extremities to press against objects with force, or thrust forward, downward, outward.
|Climbing – ascending, descending ladders, stairs, ramps, requires body agility.
||Reaching – extending hands or arms in any direction.
|Crawling – moving about on hands, knees, or hands, feet.
||Repetitive Motion – substantial movements of wrists, hands, fingers.
|Crouching – bending body forward by bending leg, spine.
||Speaking – expressing ideas with spoken word, convey detailed, important instructions accurately, concisely.
|Feeling – perceiving attributes of objects by touch with skin, fingertips.
||Standing – for sustained periods of time.
|Fingering – picking, pinching, typing, working with fingers rather than hand.
||Stooping – bending body downward, forward at waist, with full motion of lower extremities and back.
|Grasping – applying pressure to object with fingers, palm.
||Talking 1- expressing ideas by spoken word
|Handling – picking, holding, or working with whole hand.
||Talking 2 – shouting to be heard above ambient noise.
|Hearing 1 – perceiving sounds at normal speaking levels, receive information.
||Visual Acuity 1 - prepare, analyze data, transcribing, computer terminal, extensive reading.
|Hearing 2 – receive detailed information, make discrimination in sound.
||Visual Acuity 2 - color, depth perception, field of vision.
|Kneeling – bending legs at knee to come to rest at knees.
||Visual Acuity 3 - determine accuracy, neatness, observe facilities/structures.
|Lifting – raising objects from lower to higher position, moving objects side to side, using upper extremities, back.
||Visual Acuity 4 - operate motor vehicles/heavy equipment.
|Mental Acuity – ability to make rational decisions through sound logic, deductive reasoning.
||Visual Acuity 5 -close acuity for inspection of small defects, machines, use measurement devices, or fabricate parts.
|Pulling - use upper extremities to exert force, haul or tug.
||Walking - on foot to accomplish tasks, long distances, or site to site.
Work performed is primarily:
(X = Primary type of work performed)
|Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
|Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force to move objects.
|Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
|Heavy work: Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects
|Very heavy work: Exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Equipment and Tools Utilized:
Equipment utilized includes personal computer, copier, calculator, fax machine, other standard office equipment, hand tools, computer peripherals and department vehicles.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
(NOTE: You need to have an account created in order to refer someone. Clicking this button will ask you to log in. If you are a returning user, log in to refer the person. If you are a new user, please create a Resume Profile first.)